1,000 Reasons

Okay, I've put on my big boy pants.

Why do I do this to myself?

And I've found 1,000 reasons to hate myself.  I started this beast on January 5.  I'm the only one in the house who even has interest in it.  What started as a family activity is now "alone time."

Oh well.

I hope you've started the new year off right, but most likely by now everyone's resolutions are starting to fizzle.

You can't find time to do _____ because your _____  always ______.
You can't _____ because you're too ______. 

[fill in blanks with excuses -- and if you live in my part of the country, this brutal cold snap would give you ample excuse to break any and all promises to yourself]

But that's okay.  With any luck, you'll have next year to start fail all over again.  (This cynical attitude is labeled "Negativity" by the Wife.  I call it "Realism."  As you can plainly see, I'm a righteous bastard to live with... at least on most days.)

Meanwhile, I posted a picture on Facebook on New Year's Eve, but here is an alternate, wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

Me and the whole damn family wishing all y'all the very best in 2014.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!