Still Alive

Please forgive me. It has been two months since my last blog. I have no idea where that time went. I suppose it went to that place where all the other time goes.

I was kind of surprised to get an email from someone who asked me if I had given up blogging. It made me feel kind of good that someone checks in to read now and then. Believe me, I think about writing all the time but "thinking" and "doing" are two different things.

Actually, I have written a couple of posts over the last 60 days, mostly on rainy days (which has been 55 of the last 60 days), but I decided the posts got too political. There's nothing worse than somebody rambling on about their political/moral beliefs. Especially when you run the risk of upsetting others and when you don't really know what you're talking about.

I confess I usually don't know what I'm talking about.

So here I am sitting on my unstained deck, typing away. The neighborhood is alive with the sound of lawn mowers. Which brings me to my big news from the home front....

I finally...finally...got my lawn mowed baled today. Up next is tackling the lawn at the farm. I anticipate doing that this weekend sometime, as long as Typhoon Minnesota holds off until Sunday or so.

Isn't this exciting? Me talking about mowing? Aren't you glad you are reading this?


I took this picture a couple of weeks ago. The Girl is FaceTiming her cousin, Nora (the laptop is fake, the iPhone is not). Both girls are nine years old.

When I was nine, this was called "The Jetsons."

Since my last post, we also celebrated the Speaker of the House's 29th birthday with Dairy Queen cake to boot...

She got her own iPad so she can play Trivia Crack without sharing with me. That's our newest form of entertainment. You can dial me up at @samkent69 on the Trivia Crack app if you want to get your a** kicked. It is sort of the new generation's version of Trivial Pursuit, which used to be one of my favorite board games.

To the right of my post, you will see my new Twitter feed. I've spent the last couple of days trying to figure out how to link my tweets to Facebook, but I've concluded there must be some kind of corruption. It looks easy as pie, but it just doesn't work. Oh well, I have a tendency to enjoy tweeting out random thoughts, so they can be found right here. ----->

Spring means calving season and the Tax Deductions visited Grandma and Grandpa's farm recently to help bottle feed the new babies...
The Boy, the Girl and Grandma
The above picture was taken before the calf head-butted Grandma and gave her a black eye. Don't worry, little calf. You will make delicious hamburger in a couple years. Paybacks are a bitch.

I posted the picture below on Facebook a few weeks ago. The Girl wanted to practice painting toenails, so I was happy to oblige. (Yes, that's my crappy, unstained deck). I am wearing my "Dutch" jacket, which is my cigar jacket (that's a Dominican Republic Select in my hand).

Anyway, I never met Dutch; he was the Speaker of the House's uncle, but somehow I inherited his jacket. I suspect he would be pleased as punch to know his jacket is still getting some good use.


I suppose that should be all for now. Time to go grill something.

In parting, I will leave you with a shot I call "Welcome Home!" This is a daily occurrence, when our boxer attacks the Girl with kisses after school. We've had the big, white monster for two years now. Never a dull moment with him around. Not many burglars, either.


Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!