A Quick Update

It has been brought to my attention that I haven't updated my blog in over a week.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone was paying attention...

Not much has been happening over the past week.  I did a couple of fantasy football drafts, which I know doesn't interest many people, but if it does you can read all about my passion for football at www.snotbubblefootball.blogspot.com

We've also spent the better part of this week nursing a sick little boy.  Neil started spiking high fevers on Monday.  They would respond to ibuprofen, but as soon as it wore off the fever came right back.  He also had a very poor appetite for several days.  Then he broke out into a rash over his whole body.  Beth took him to the doctor on Thursday morning and he was surprisingly diagnosed with strep throat.  They never performed a test on him, so I it is just an educated guess on the doctor's part, but he was put on antibiotics and he definitely is responding well.  

In retrospect, I've been feeling under the weather for almost two weeks... in fact last Thursday I had a temperature of 101.5, which is extremely unusual for me.  I had terrible aches and pains - and now I wonder if I was fighting off strep at the time?  In fact, I felt so shitty that I went to bed at halftime of the Vikings/Saints game. 

It all makes sense now that I think about it.

I mowed Mom and Dad's old place (affectionately called "the farm,") yesterday.  I love that place, especially in the fall.  The air is crisp, clean and cool and it smells wonderful.  There is no other place like it on earth to me.

I've finished a couple of books lately.  One was You Never Give Me Your Money, which was a detailed account of the Beatles after they broke up in 1970.  Very well written and very informative.  Yet another book I can add to my Beatles library.  I also just finished Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Livin' which wasn't necessarily a biography of Sinatra, rather little anecdotes of when cool was cool, when women were broads and when men were cats or clydes (depending on whether you were cool or not).  I am definitely going to read more on Sinatra.  What an interesting character.

I now just started reading Pops, which I am finding difficult to put down.  It was just released and is supposedly the most complete biography of Louis Armstrong, a man I've admired for years.  I love biographies and autobiographies, especially about musicians.  I can't imagine why?

I guess there's not much to talk about, which is why I've not written for a while.  Maybe the biggest news is Ava has found a favorite football team:  The North Carolina State Wolfpack.  I was watching their game last night and every time North Carolina State had a big play, a recording of a wolf would howl throughout the stadium.  She thought that was beyond awesome... and, of course, she howled right along with the damned television all evening because the Wolfpack had a great game. 

She's just got this strange fascination with wolves.

Oh well, it was entertaining at the very least.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!