Strep Strikes Again

Here I go again, not updating in over a week.  I have my excuse ready this time - I came down with strep throat a week ago Thursday.  I haven't had it for 11 years. 

I'm convinced God strikes me down with strep about once every decade just so I'm thankful for being otherwise very healthy.  Ugh.  Finally went to the doctor on Sunday when I became convinced my immune system was sending desperation signals for reinforements... not to mention the back of my throat resembled a science experiment gone terribly wrong. 

A rapid strep test came back positive (surprise!).  He put me on Zithromax.  Within 36 hours I was already perking up.  Amazing what antibiotics can do, huh?

Unfortunately I ended up missing four days of work.  I hate calling in sick to work, but when you're running 102 temperatures and all you wanna do is curl up in a ball and die, you're not much good to your place of employment.  Not to mention you are very contagious to your co-workers.  I guess that's why they call it "sick time," right?

Yesterday I got recertified for ACLS for another two years.  That's a eight hour day of thinking, problem solving and test taking.  I didn't really feel up to it, but if I don't have the certification, I can't work.

You would think that those of us who have to have required certifications, such as ACLS, TNCC and TI, would get paid a bit more than those who do not need these certifications as a condition of employment.  But no, that's not the case.  And no, I don't know why.

Well, I don't have much opportunity to update and when I do it is a quickie... so there ya go!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!