Back to "Normal"

Back home after spending last evening and part of today in Parkers Prairie.  It was a sad couple of days; at the same time it was nice to see my aunts, uncles and cousins again, and to get a chance to visit if only for a little while.  Call it bittersweet.

It makes me even more determined to have Farm Fest every year.  Before we started organizing that annual get together, I'd only see my cousins for the occasional funeral and wedding, and maybe the odd anniversary here and there, but such gatherings were some times years apart.  I joked with some of my family today that it is a lot more fun to get together to play music and drink beer.  Everyone laughed.  (And agreed.)

So now our schedules (sort of) go back to normal.  I work tonight through Monday night.  Beth has weekend duty through Sunday.  I have an all-day class next Thursday (which Beth took this Thursday).  My class is on St. Patrick's Day.  Beth told me it is a "brain-drainer."  So I am thinking it will be an excellent idea to stop at the local bottle shop and bring home some good Irish brew after class. 

Is it wrong to be already looking forward to having a cold one and a nice cigar with the missus on St. Patrick's Day?  ...if so, may I be as wrong as wrong can be!!

A big, big thanks must go to my mother-in-law for watching our hoodlums over the last couple of days.  It made our lives much easier to keep the kids home while we were able to do this "grown up" stuff.  Thanks, Ann!  You are the best!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!