Nine Days Later, a New Year!

It's my first entry of 2012.  So much for resolving to update my blog more often in the new year.  Nine days later, I'm finally getting around to it. 

It was an exciting football weekend here in the Branstner household.  Instead of repeating myself, I'll just redirect you here to Snot Bubble Football, my "other" blog, and to read about the excitement of the Bison winning their first FCS national title. 

Meanwhile, our house has been full of germs and sickness, which has been an ongoing theme since Thanksgiving.  It's really getting old, I can assure you.

Both kids had pink eye early last week.  Neil got it first, then Ava (and it didn't come from school - Ava was still on Christmas break, so we don't know where in the world this came from).  I took both kids to the MD on the 4th and the eye drops they were prescribed quickly cleared up the infection.

And right on cue, Neil came down with a doozy of a cold.  Again.  He went into a sort of respiratory distress Friday night, which started with a barking cough, and quickly progressed to stridor.  Luckily I was laying with him when it started.  I was seconds away from hauling him to the ER at 3:00 AM (and believe me, there is a definite problem when I'm ready to take my kid to the hospital). 

But I took Neil out into the garage first, thinking the cold air would sooth his upper airway and help him relax... and my hunch was correct.  He settled down and was able to sleep afterwards, although Beth and I didn't sleep much.

He has been sick 100 times more than Ava has ever been.

Hopefully we can get this stuff behind us and enjoy the rest of the winter... or what is supposed to be winter.  There is far more grass than snow in my front yard.  Crazy.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!