Yep. It's Strep.

So my first thought was, "Dude, really?"

In this case, the noun "dude" was not addressed to anyone in particular.  Just... dude.

More snow on the way in this neck o' the woods.  In fact, it has already started to the south and it is slowly working its way back to us, babe.




I've heard 1-2 inches... and maybe up to 6 inches or more.  Which is to say, no one knows for sure, but it probably will snow.

Probably.

So what's new?

The Boy has been sputtering lately and running fevers.  Broke out in a rash.  "It's nothing," says I.  "Probably viral."

"I think he's got strep," says his mom.

"It's nothing," says I again.

His mom took him to the clinic last evening.

Guess what?

Yep, it's strep.


My new t-shirt.

Now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.  There are three more of us in the house in the streptococcus crosshairs.  Too bad the doctor couldn't have prescribed antibiotics for all of us, because it's a-coming.  But that isn't practiced anymore.

**

Last night I finished a fantastic memoir which I borrowed from a coworker.  It is extremely (and surprisingly!) well written:

Excellent read.  Highly recommended by That Damn Sam.

For those who don't know who Duff McKagan is, he was a founding member and bass guitarist of Guns 'N Roses.  It's a wonderfully written book (written by McKagan himself, who has gone on to get a college education in economics and write for Seattle Weekly and ESPN, while forming another supergroup called Velvet Revolver, and later his own band, Loaded.  You could say he's a jack of all trades.).   In fact, the only rock-n-roll memoir I've read that compares in quality is Ozzy Osbourne's terrific I Am Ozzy.

I also recently finished Steven Tyler's Does the Noise in my Head Bother You?  It's also an entertaining read, that is sometimes trippy.  More than once I asked myself, "Where is Steven going with this?"  But it is a fun book to breeze through.  An interesting life, to say the least.

A couple months ago I read Peter Criss's autobiography, Make-Up to Break Up.  There was nothing wrong with the book itself, but I found myself really disappointed after reading it.  Peter Criss, the drummer for Kiss, was one of my idols when I was growing up.  As I turned the pages I kept thinking, This guy is a frickin' idiot.  So many stupid choices, so much hypocrisy, no accountability - and the guy never quite figured it out.

Sometimes your heroes aren't quite what you thought they were.  

Right now I am reading Love, Janis, a biography on Janis Joplin.  It is written by her sister.  I just took my first bite of it late last night and it promises to be very interesting.  I've always thought Janis Joplin was second only to Aretha Franklin when it came to pure pipes.

See ya again soon.


Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!