Aquatic Pancake Day

On occasion I have a day alone with the Boy and the Girl and we try to do something fun for breakfast.  Today, pancakes were requested and I delivered... big time.

Because we didn't just have "pancakes".  Oh no!

Today was Aquatic Pancake day!  (I excel in improvisation.  Bear with me.)
Aquatic pancakes... they are almost too good to eat.
The Girl (with a mouthful of Stingray-cake) tries to smile as she shows off my Angelfish-cake.

The Boy with a Sea Turtle-cake (which looks remarkably similar to a Starfish-cake) and Octopus-cake (his request).

The Boy and the Girl ate themselves to the point of nearly exploding.  Success!  For a while this morning I was thinking I was pretty cool... perhaps the smartest dad on the planet.

Then I got this in the mail.  I can take a hint.

Somebody in Los Banos, California, seems to think I should tap my potential.  

Nothing like falling back to earth with a dull thud.
......
.....
....
...
..
.
Thud.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!