Getting in the Spirit

When I glanced at the calendar this morning, I realized that Christmas Day is just 18 days away.

In fact, we are already a week into December and I hadn't even noticed.  I guess I should start paying attention to stuff like months and days.  It all just seems to mush together in one big, sloppy mish-mash of time.

I should have known that Father Time was getting ahead of me when I ended up at the Boy's very first Christmas program on Friday.  Could it really be that time of year already?

Anyway, it was an enjoyable show.  The Boy is easy to pick out of the crowd.  He's a head taller than his classmates and he looks like his old man.

Case in point: at the concert, I ran into a old co-worker who I hadn't seen in over five years, who said, "There is no doubt whose boy that is.  He's practically a clone!"

Singing "Away in a Manger."

The Boy with a pair of drumsticks in his hands.  Seems perfectly natural if you ask me.
Yours truly and the Girl before the concert.
The Tax Deductions lost in a barn somewhere.

On Saturday, we continued our family tradition of heading west to the Shante to see Santa Claus.  The Jolly Old Elf makes a stop there on his extensive pre-Christmas world tour and we always make sure to stop in for a cup of coffee and say "Hi."

The Shante, December 6, 2014
 Caught up in the Christmas spirit, I was even motivated to put up the Christmas tree.

Just kidding.

Actually, I sat back and drank an IPA and made the Tax Deductions do it.  Works for me.

Carefully decorating the tree.

Our tradition of the Boy putting the homemade angel on the tree, which was handcrafted by Aunt Kathy.

There you go.  Now if this post doesn't make you want to sing "Jingle Bells," then nothing will.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

Is Spring Here?