A Few Photos...

Home today with the Boy, who has been home sick for the last two days.  Running a fever, throwing up.  Who knows where this came from?  The winter maladies continue.  The good news is he's on the mend, watching Looney Tunes right now and just announced that he was "bored," which is an excellent indicator that it is definitely back to school tomorrow.

My brothers and sister-in-laws visited this weekend.  It was great to see them again.  We had a good talk, ate some great food and my oldest brother brought a box full of old photos.  I've been going through them, archiving many on the computer; I'm planning to make a hard cover photo book to preserve family history.

In the meantime, I've been doing considerable research on the family tree, although I'm finding the more I look, the more questions I have.  Indeed, much more research is warranted.

The puzzle continues.

I've been posting quite a few old pictures on my Facebook feed, but I've realized that not everyone is interested in them and not everyone that would enjoy them is on Facebook.  So, I will post more here instead.

First, a little "Way Back Wednesday..."

Me and my cousin Blaine, playing barefoot in the dirt at my place.  Taken in summer of 1972 or 1973.

I discovered a couple of terrific pictures of my dad and his family/friends standing in front of the old house.
My dad is second from the left.  Notice what is most likely a Ford Model A to the right.  Also note the house in the background.

My dad's parents are in the center.  My dad is to the right and his sister, Lois, is to the left.  Same house in the background. This picture was taken in the early 1930s.
I took this picture in the mid-1970s.  My mom and our beloved pooch, "Pepper."  Same house, just a slightly different angle.
In the summer of 2012, I took this picture.  The old house still stands and the memories remain.

I was thrilled to find the following picture, which is the only one I've ever seen that shows my Grandma Walker's trailer home.  She used to live just a couple hundred feet from our house, although the trailer is long gone.  The only physical remains of it are some concrete steps, which can be found deep in a poison ivy patch back home.  I can date the picture to the early 1970s, because our German Shepherd, "Smokey," is in the photo.  

Me and my dad playing catch in the driveway.  Our dog, "Smokey," is standing between us.  The trunk of Grandma Walker's Chevy is in the foreground, but what makes this photo really special is my grandma's trailer home, which is in the background.  I've never found another photo of it and have only remembered it as a child.
I remember walking over to Grandma's for cookies when I was young.  I remember she had a huge brown sofa that was too hard to sit on (at least for me).  

I also remember running there, frightened to death, when my dad tripped on the porch steps and broke his ankle.  He wasn't going to go to the hospital until my mom threatened to call an ambulance if he didn't do so.  The thought of an ambulance coming to our house scared me so badly that I ran to grandma's.  I knew she'd protect me!

By the way, my dad went to the hospital and got his ankle fixed.  Phyllis never lost an argument.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!