The Darkness

It has been a stressful couple of days here in my neck o' the woods. On Sunday evening we had the worst storm we've experienced in 14 years of living here. More on that, including all the ugly pictures, in a later post. 

The important thing is we are all safe, just "stuff" was lost and damaged. Mother Nature is a vindictive old bitch and she knocked us to the canvas for a couple seconds, but we bounced right up, came in swinging and jabbed her right back in the chops. 

Take that, you crabby old heifer. 

On a lighter side of things, I made one of my semi-annual pilgrimages to The Darkness (commonly called "Walmart") on Sunday before the wind blew and the trees twisted through the air. The Darkness did not disappoint in amusing me. 

A reminder, the date was July 12th, not August 12th. I am guessing we will see Christmas decor out in a couple of weeks. After all, we only have 23 more Thursdays till Christmas (yep, look it up!) 


The Girl's reaction to this sign was a very appropriate pre-teen eye roll, "You gotta be kidding me!" I couldn't say much because I agreed with her. 

But the best was yet to come. On my way to my trusty truck, I noticed something orange laying in the parking lot. It was my turn for an appropriate pre-senior citizen eye-roll, "You gotta be kidding me."


I am guessing many people don't know what these are. I can confirm for you, as a practicing registered nurse, these are disposable urinary catheters, complete with fresh urine. Found at your friendly Baxter Walmart parking lot. 

Yes, it may seem a trifle disgusting, but keep in mind, these piss tubes are DISPOSABLE. This means, of course, you can cath your stoma in the privacy of your own '86 Chevy Astro and just toss 'em out the window when you're done. Easy and convenient! 

I suspect there is a galaxy of MRSA growing in that parking lot. And I suspect if you've been there, you've taken it home on your shoes. Think of it has a parting gift from your friendly local Walmart.   

Reason #3,598 why I go to The Darkness only in life or death situations. 

Or when I really need writing material for my blog. The Darkness has never let me down. 


Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!