I Shouldn't Have Mentioned Doughnuts...

I'm attempting to make a few changes today, because I know when there's too much on my plate.

I am speaking in figurative terms here. I never seem to know when there's literally too much on my plate. I eat everything within my ZIP code (figuratively).

Especially pastries. I love me some pastries.



But let me get back to my original thought... whatever that was. I shouldn't have mentioned doughnuts.

Oh yeah, I was talking about changes....

Today I opted not to renew the domain name for my football web site (thelonepylon.com). It was a difficult decision, but this is about knowing one's limits: there are not enough minutes in the day for me to keep a fantasy football site up-to-date with accurate and timely information.

The problem is this: I am gainfully employed, I have a couple of tax deductions, and occasionally I try to be a reasonably adequate husband. (You know, minor details.) This means something's got to give. And why pay money for a domain name when I can't properly manage it?

I'm taking the KISS philosophy: Keep It Simple, Stupid. I will let those who know more than me write about fantasy football. I will write about life.

Or at least life as I know it.

However, if you're keeping track, you'll notice I've not written about anything over the past few months. But it's start of a new month and the start of a new season (I love autumn, by the way), and that means it's a renewed commitment to writing more often.

I've mentioned before that I write for my own entertainment. I've always found it therapeutic and it gives me a creative outlet (and it's healthier than drinking!). I have no idea who reads this; admittedly, it is nice to have an audience, but all that really matters is that I find make time to write, because I enjoy it.

It makes me happy.

**

So the last time I posted anything here, we had just been punched in the chops by the worst storm we had seen in 14 years here on the home front. Wouldn't you know it, yesterday we were hauling freshly split wood from our front yard to our backyard -- still picking up from that very storm. Pictures will surely follow.

It's amazing how much damage 10 minutes of severe weather can do. And yes, the clean up continues. We still ain't done.

Also since my last post we had gone on our first "official" family vacation. We visited beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park by way of Mount Rushmore, Badlands National Park and all the fun stops South Dakota has to offer.

Me and the whole damn family in front of the famous Stanley Hotel at Estes Park, CO. If you look closely you can see a poltergeist in the doorway. (I'm kidding. Sort of.)

I will keep this short for the sake of saving something for next time.

Today the Boy and I decided to start making football picks. This is something that I used to do with my own father from the time I was six years old until Dad became too sick to do it anymore. In an odd way, I feel like I'm passing along an old family tradition.

I'm keeping it very low tech, just like my pops did.

And so far, the Boy is schooling me.


Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!