The Week That Was...

It's just a little after 5:00 AM and I'm wide awake.  Disgusted I can't sleep tonight; I supposed I dozed for an hour or so.  Coming off a weekend of working nights, and this is one of the pitfalls of staying awake all night for multiple nights in a row.  This will be a rough day.  So let it begin.

I haven't updated for a while so I might as well make my sleeplessness somewhat productive by writing for a few minutes.

Last week was an adventure-filled week for me.  Last Monday night I went to the football game between the Vikings and Packers and spent the night in the Cities.  We had a great time -- I went down with Korey and Jeff Porter, who also works at the hospital.  We stayed at a "swanky" place called the Cambria Suites.  We had a room reserved at the Marriott, but they overbooked so they put us up at a different hotel.  The price was right (read: FREE) and it was a whole lot fancier than anything I would normally stay in.  That's not saying I would stay in a roach-infested meth house, but this place was pretty sweet.

Then came Thursday, my 40th birthday.  Grandma came and watched our two little munchkins so Beth and I could go raise hell all night long.  Okay, I'm kidding.  But we did go to my favorite restaurant in town, El Tequila, then we went out for a real live beer in a real live bar for the first time in well over a year.  It was a terrific time and I wish we could do it more than just annually.  But that's life these days.  And it's okay.

I got some great gifts, too.  A portable Bose Soundock with carrying case, absolutely ideal for camping (which we plan on doing much more next year)!  An iTunes gift card, and a DVD/CD of The Police in concert on their reunion tour, which I must say is outstanding.  I haven't watched the DVD concert yet -- I might do that tonight -- but the CD (which was quickly ripped onto my iTunes and into my iPod) is really something.  Those guys are pretty damn good for a bunch of old farts.

To top it all off, I got a Cold Stone Creamery birthday cake.  Who could ask for more?

This week we also seemed to have gone from summer to winter overnight.  Luckily, on Tuesday I was on the ball enough to winterize my camper water lines with antifreeze.  By Friday night we had a low in the 20's and it was snowing.

Unfortunately, I hadn't broken down my camper, so it is still up, covered with snow and a nice layer of ice.  I don't dare touch it right now, because I know something will break in this cold weather (two years ago I broke a latch when I messed with it on a cold day in October -- and nothing on that thing is cheap to fix).  The weather for the next few days looks like crap: rain and snow.  It has GOT to warm up again before winter sets in, right?!  Mother Nature kind of took me by surprise.  Man... just when you think you've got it figured out.

I guess that's enough for now.  I suppose I'll make a pot of coffee and do something productive, like watch Mike & Mike in the Morning.  Sounds like a plan.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!