Another Monday

It is Monday... a sunshiney, chilly, beautiful autumn day.  Unfortunately, I have to go back to work tonight.  I shouldn't complain, I've got a job.  But some days I think it would be really cool to sit on my ass and let the state pay for me to be unemployed.  Maybe I could start faking anxiety attacks or start acting really depressed so I can be considered "unemployable" and draw disability?  Hmmm... might be worth a try?  Some days it is really tempting.

So I went to WalMart the other day.  I ordered a half pound of turkey and a half pound of ham and I didn't realize it would be such a complicated exercise.  "Jennie-O, Armour or Hormel?"  "How thinly sliced do you want your meat?"  "I went over a half pound a bit, do you want me to remove a couple of slices?"

Holy crap!  I know I'm not as fussy as some poeple - at least not when it comes to deli meat - but this seemed a bit overkill to me.  Maybe I looked like a meat snob?  Honestly, I really don't care what brand of meat it is, as long as it passed FDA inspection.  I really don't care how thin or thick the meat is, as long it fits between two slices of bread.  And if I have .538 pounds of meat instead of .500 pounds, it really is alright.  No, really, it's just fine.

Actually, I had my eye on the tattoos of the screaming, blood-thirsty eagle and fire-breathing dragon on the forearms of the shemale who was serving me, rather than on my thinly-sliced half pound of Hormel honey ham.  Then I found myself wondering which prison s/he spent hard time in?

At least s/he's employed.  God bless him/her.

Just another adventure at WalMart.

I would love to post some pictures of my kiddos here, but Blogger has gone to a new format and I am unable to upload pictures from my hard drive anymore.  I am going to try something different, so here it goes:

Neil in a ray of sun


Yep, it worked.  I have to go about things a little differently, but I can still upload pictures.  I just took this one of Neil in the kitchen, standing in front of a sun ray.  I thought the lighting effect was kind of cool. 

Well, really not much to talk about.  My life is rather boring but I don't suppose that's necessarily a bad thing.  I did manage to get the camper winterized on Saturday. That's always such a depressing job.  It means summer is definitely over and winter is peeking its ugly head around the corner. 

I suppose it is time to get back to Mr. Mom duty.  I'll drop in again later this week.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!