Whole lot of nothing

It's been a while since I've updated, but there's not an awful lot happening these days.  Summer projects are done, fall is here, and it's time to start getting things ready for winter.  They say this winter is going to be cold with lots of snow.  Really?  Minnesota winter.... cold?  Snow?  Who knew?

I got my flu shot today.  My arm is stiff and sore.  I've got a problem with knowingly introducing a virus into my body, but our pediatrician recommended we get vaccinated because Neil is too young for a flu shot.  If we get vaccinated, there's a lesser chance he'll be exposed.   Obviously Beth and I are at a much higher risk of bringing home germs and bugs than your average person, although we do have a little "home from work" routine involving removing scrubs and getting in the shower before any children are allowed to touch us.  We (health care workers) are supposed to get the H1N1 shot in early October and it will be available to the general public by mid-October.  Ava needs to get her shot(s) as well.  That will be fun.

I'm on a long stretch of work right now, but the payoff is coming.  I traded with a co-worker to get Monday, October 5th off.  On that night I get to cross something off my bucket list:  I've been invited to go see the Vikings and Packers play -- Brett Favre taking on his old team on Monday Night Football.  They say it might be the most watched Monday Night Football game in history and I will be there in person!  I am just a little excited.  I look at it as part of my 40th birthday present (to myself).

I wish I had more insight for you, but that's about it for now.  Until next time, here's a funny sign I came across which you might get a little chuckle from.... I did.


Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!