A New Year

Happy New Year to one and all!  We didn't do much last night - had a little party here with homemade masks and sparkling grape juice.  It was pretty cute, although I was my typical tired and crabby self - as my wife made me acutely aware.  I was asleep by 9:00 PM.  I've logged a lot of hours at work over the past three weeks and I have to admit that it caught up with me.  I missed the big countdown to midnight, but man did it feel good to sleep! 

So we say goodbye to 2010 and hello to 2011.  Without a doubt the biggest highlight for my blog in 2010 was when Brian Ray left a a comment back in May (you can see it right here).  He's a multi-instrumentalist in Paul McCartney's band, former musical director for Etta James' band and a terrific musician/singer/songwriter in his own right.  It was pretty damn cool of him to say a little something on my blog.  Talk about keeping it real for his fans!

I don't think I reached any goals in 2010, mostly because I never set any (therefore, I've not failed!).  I've made it through another year keeping my job, having good kids, keeping my marriage intact and enjoying good health for all concerned.  Hey, I won't ask for more than that... and if that's "all" 2011 can give me, I'll take it.

Looking forward to a weekend of football.  Bowls games today, NFL games tomorrow.  And no fantasy football to stress me out this week!

Anyway, I plan on continuing to blog in 2011.  I'm not sure who all visits on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis, but I guess I would be writing even if it was just to myself.  I used to jot down little thoughts to myself all the time, which was probably a bit odd.  I just have a small audience now so everyone knows how odd I am.  Oh well.

Until next time, remember:  Kiss your own ass if nobody else will.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!