What a Weekend...

Well, it has certainly been an interesting weekend.  Beth's birthday was Sunday.  We had a full weekend planned.  We had planned to go to Elk River on Saturday afternoon to see Elizabeth Budahn in a play, "Sleeping Beauty," something Ava was very excited to see.  On Saturday evening I had arranged for Korey and Shelli to come over after the kids went to bed and surprise Beth with a birthday drink.  Sunday was going to be our day together, celebrating "Mommy's" birthday.

Ava changed all those plans at 2:30 AM on Saturday morning.  She threw up a nice pile of rice and chicken in her bed and started puking every 45 minutes for the next 18 hours - and that is without exaggeration, trust me.

Grace kept her vigil next to Ava all day Saturday...

She really had no spunk at all Sunday and vomited about every 2 to 3 hours.  I think the worst has passed now.  She took a little food this morning (Monday) - her first since Friday night - and she's keeping fluids down so far.  She's weak and really dehydrated and I'm sure her electrolytes are really messed up.  I really miss my wild and crazy girl.

Last night (Sunday) as I went to bed, I checked on Neil and found him in pool of vomit, too.  Didn't cry at all, just sleeping on his belly (thank God!) in a bath of puke.  Nice, huh?  Fortunately, (knocking loudly on wood) he's not gotten sick since then, so maybe this won't hit him as hard as it did his big sister.

So we spent the weekend being nurses - surprise!

Then last night word came in late that Osama bin Laden was taken out by U.S. Special Forces.  What an interesting weekend.
I did some quick research on the internet and I found bin Laden's "mansion," which the media insists on calling it.  Believe it or not, it really wasn't very hard to find.  Someone did all the work for me and all I had to do was Google it.  I've seen video of this place and it certainly does not look like a mansion to me.  More like a big shack.  It sort of reminds me of David Koresh's Branch Davidian compound in Waco.  I'd hardly call that a mansion.

Anyway, I refuse to believe the Pakastani government had no idea that Osama bin Laden was living there.  This building was erected in 2005 and as these maps show, it kind of sticks out like a sore thumb - lined with barbed wire and 12 to 18 foot walls - in a residential area!  A military college was also just a few hundred feet away.  And nobody thought to ask or was suspicious of who was living in this massive, armed compound?

Hard to believe.  In fact, I don't believe it at all.

This is where he was hiding, some say for years.  In plain sight.

A close-up of the compound, surrounded by walls and barbed wire.  Click to enlarge.


So it has, indeed, been an eventful weekend.  I feel exhausted - and my seven night tour of duty starts tonight.  And we have started a new computer charting program, which I feel ill prepared for.  Fun stuff.  NOT.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

Is Spring Here?