Last of May

It is back to reality after spending the weekend in the Bismarck/Mandan neck of the woods.  We had a good time with Jon and Sara and the kids.  Got a babysitter and went out Saturday night and had a really good time.  Then a long trip home on Monday and back to work the same night.  Oh, the cold chill of reality.  Yuck.

Something you don't hear anything about on national media coverage is the flooding that is happening in Bismarck.  The Missouri River is wreaking havoc and many homes and businesses are in imminent danger of being destroyed.  They are sandbagging like crazy, but who knows if it will be enough. 

A nasty storm blew through last night and I was sure I'd have a couple trees down when I got home this morning, but we lucked out this time.  Today it is chilly, wet and windy.  Summer is free to show its face any day now. 

I'd like to get the camper open next week if the weather isn't going to be crappy.  It's time to get it into ship-shape so we can do a little camping.  Beth is having a garage sale on our next weekend off and after that, every weekend we have off we are camping.  So much for getting very many summer projects done this year.  Instead, we are going to enjoy the summer.  How DARE we!

I guess this will be a short entry - my last for the month of May.  May was a forgettable month for the most part.  Ava was sick the first couple of weeks - she lost a lot of weight, but she's slowly putting it back on; then Beth was sick for a week.  She recovered and was healthy for about 5 1/2 days, and now she has a cold.  She makes fun of me for taking Airborne - claiming it's "voodoo," but do you see me sick?  [knocking quite firmly on wood]

Time to feed my children.  I think it's going to be a Mac-n-Cheese night.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!