Life, in a Nutshell

It's been two weeks since I updated things around here.  It seems blogging just creeps further down the priority list, but the kids are tucked in bed and sleeping (for now), so I'll take advantage of it.

Disposal Blues
Let's see, back on the 19th, the Wednesday we were set to leave for Farm Fest, we had a plumber here snaking things out and accessing pipes I didn't know existed in my house.  I had a bad experience with the food disposal - hey, I've never had one before, it's a learning process.  (When I was kid, the food disposal was called "Pepper," my dalmatian/black lab mix).  Anyway, long story short, I learned my lesson about putting too much down the disposal and I plugged things up good and proper (if you're going to screw things up, you might as well kick ass, right?).  The plumber came out and 3.5 hours and $300 later it was fixed.  Ouch.

Farm Fest
Another Farm Fest is now in the books.  A good time was had and for the first time in Farm Fest history, I did not (shall we say) "overdo" it.  Not one night.  I actually felt human on Sunday afternoon when we got home.  The Prom was a success, the hootenanny Friday night was fun and band sounded pretty good on Saturday night... especially since we hadn't played together for a year.  There was a little rain on Saturday shortly before we played, but we didn't let it ruin things.  Sadly, I didn't take any pictures on Saturday and I really haven't seen any on Facebook.  I did take some pics at the Prom and I plan on posting a few here in the next week.

Kindergarten Camp
Ava went to kindergarten camp the week of August 22nd.  She is very excited about school and she did really well during this first "practice" week.  Unfortunately, she also caught a nice cold already - the first of what probably will be many this year - and she's given it to me and her brother.  We share the love around here.

Now here I am on Sunday night.  This is supposed to be the last night of my work week, but I got lucky and I am on-call tonight, which means I stay home with the phone by my side.  When it rings, I go.

On the bright side, we now get NFL Network at my place.  I hate Charter, but they've reached an agreement with the NFL Network and now there's football 24/7 here, much to my wife's chagrin.

There ya go, the Cliff Notes version of my life over the past two weeks.  I will try to update more often, really I will!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!