Our summer camping tour 2011 - #4

Grandma and Grandpa's Place

We spent 4 1/2 days at the Dau's - July 27 through July 31 - and the best way to describe it was hot and damp.  Moist sleeping bags, condensation inside the camper due to excessively high humidity, and a nice summer time cold to boot.  I've been coughing, sneezing, hacking and wheezing as if it were January.  In all honesty, I feel like crap right now.

I guess this sounds like I didn't have a good time, but that's not true at all.  There was lots of good food and cold drink.  We went golfing on Thursday and I parred a hole for the first time.  My father-in-law, sister-in-law and brother-in-law were all witnesses to this accomplishment, but I had to take a picture of my first shot anyway.  I missed the putt for a birdie, but let's not spoil the moment!

My first shot on the 10th hole at Pine Ridge Golf Course near Motley, MN.  I absolutely sucked the rest of the day, but one good shot is worth a thousand bad ones.
Early Friday morning, at 4:20 AM, our sleep was interrupted by gunshots, which sounded too close for comfort - although they were probably a mile away.  We had smelled a skunk earlier that night, so we concluded that someone was skunk hunting, but it is funny how your mind can start playing weird games on you when you're inside a camper in the dark with rifle shots going off.  It can be a little unnerving.
 
The hot, humid weather brought out all kinds of wildlife at Grandma and Grandpa's:
Neil gets acquainted with a friend.

Friday was perfect swimming weather for the kiddos:
Ava and Neil with cousins Nora and Eliza
Saturday was rainy in the morning, so we had to scramble for things to do.  Coloring is always a good option:
Ava and Nora coloring up a storm as the storm outside passes
Even Grandma and Neil got in on the action.
Neil doing his best Gene Kelly: singing in the rain!
When we got home, dry sheets never felt so good.  Now if my sinuses would allow me to sleep laying down, life would be good.

But there's no room for cry babies.  Up next, a return trip to Gull Lake Campground...

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!