Having It My Way!

Despite my less-than-spectacular physique, I honestly don't eat at fast food chains very often.

The reason is simple: no matter how much fast food chains claim that their grub is "healthier than ever before," or "30% lower calories," I refused to be fooled.  It really isn't rocket science: fast food is quick, it is manufactured to taste good, and it isn't good for you.  The end.

However, last night was an exception.  The Girl had a Girl Scout meeting at our local Burger King (Girl Scout cookies are for sale!), so we decided to "dine in" the All-American way: stuff ourselves full of calories and cholesterol, wash it down with a diet soda and waddle home.

Glancing at the clientele in the establishment, some were well-seasoned in this routine.


Clean up needed at 808 W Washington Street in Brainerd, MN

Burger King is the fifth largest fast food chain in the U.S., and without researching its annual profit, I am assuming that BK International makes a fairly good chunk of change.

Perhaps that is why I was rather shocked at what a freaking dump our local Home of the Whopper really is.

Burger King's slogan is "Have It Your Way,"  Well...  my way, at the very least, starts with clean surroundings.  And if you want sanitary dining, this should not be your destination.

Burger King spends $400 million a year on advertising, but can't afford to replace a seat cushion?  Really?

Dirty windows, ripped seat cushions (which clearly have been that way for YEARS), restroom signs falling off doors, stained table tops, greasy floors, burned out/non-functioning parking lot lights -- good grief!

I can honestly say I was embarrassed for the manager... who, in turn, was obviously oblivious to the condition of his/her establishment... and who obviously should be removed from his/her managerial position posthaste.

The Boy and the Girl wanted to romp around in the children's play area, which the Wife and I actually allowed against our better judgement.  The children's area was undoubtedly a petri dish for contagious diseases; a cesspool of vermin and offal.   It was grossly apparent that nothing had been cleaned inside this building for a long, long time.

And yes, food (allegedly) for human consumption is served here.

I suppose I could write a letter voicing my dissatisfaction to the powers that be at Burger King International, but I honestly think the time required to articulate my thoughts, to make sure grammar and punctuation were correct, and to make sure the flow of the paragraphs and transitions of thought read smoothly and smartly would somehow be lost in the ether, floating right over the top of so many heads.

It would not be worth the effort.

Not even close.

But it does give me something to bitch blog about.


<<>>

In other news...

We had a little party for the Girl on Sunday, which was her eighth birthday.  We couldn't do much because I was on-call (I usually get shit-faced drunk on my kids' birthdays, but I couldn't this time), but I made the best of it with near-beer and unfiltered Camels.*  

Her "official" birthday party (when I will get "officially" shit-faced) will be next week.  

Since I keep this little blog to sort of mark time in my life, here are a couple pictures of the day...


The Girl, 9 February 2014.  Happy birthday, sweetheart!


*I'm kidding

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!