A Long Night

Ava was up a lot last night. She's running a fever and just doesn't feel good. I got up with her at 3 a.m and again around 5 a.m. and fell asleep in the chair with her until almost 7 a.m. A pretty rough night. She threw up a couple times today, we gave her a couple cool baths, pushed the fluids and gave her a few doses of Tylenol and Motrin. Hopefully tomorrow -- er, today -- will be a better day.

Now I can't sleep tonight. I lay in bed and just wait for her to cry, because I'm sure she will at some point. It is frustrating. Instead of staring at the ceiling, I decided to get up and see what is on television. I often watch Turner Classic Movies, which I think I've mentioned before. They are showing Madame Bovary right now. I tried to read the book once and it bored me to tears. I blamed it on the 19th century prose, but the movie (made in 1949) isn't doing much for me either. So I thought I'd write a little something in my blog to kill a little time until I get tired. So far, it's not working.

It sounds like we are going to get some snow Saturday and Sunday. I don't really trust the forecast anymore, it seems they are as much wrong as they are right. One place says a "dusting" and another says "five inches of accumulation" (there is a slight difference between the two). Heck, even I can guess the weather and be 50% right: "There is a 50% chance it will snow today." Which is to say, it either will snow or it won't. That's 50%, right? Anyway, I played it safe and got gasoline and 2-cycle engine oil for my snowblower, and took the snowblower out of the storage shed and moved it into the garage, its new home for the next five months or so. Man, that's depressing.

Some moron broke into Hillary's campaign headquarters today and held people hostage for a while. He said he was angry he couldn't get help for his mental illness. I tell ya, the guy is brilliant. You know he won't get punished for this because, after all, he is mentally ill. Seems to me like he had his story all ready to go and thought the whole thing through quite carefully. Yeah, he's crazy alright. They should have put a cap in his ass... or at least Tasered the hell out of him. It would have made for good television, don't you think?

I just realized this is December 1st. The countdown to Christmas has begun. Are you done shopping?

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!