White stuff

I haven't written for a few days; you'll have to forgive me. I've been busy clearing out my driveway over and over (and over) again. There's no doubt we got more snow last Saturday than we got between November '06 and February '07 combined. In fact, last winter I didn't even fire up my snowblower until March. I've already used it twice this week and we got another inch or two of snow today. The seasonal businesses here in my neck o' the woods have been waiting for a winter like this for the past, I don't know, six or seven years. I saw on the news that we haven't had this much snow this early in the winter season in 11 years. It is still nothing like 1991, though. That Halloween blizzard was the most snow I've ever seen fall at one time. I wonder if I'll ever see anything like it again? Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Not much happening here on the home front. I am in the middle of my week of work. Beth has been off the last few days and has been trying to decorate our yard, putting up garland and other Christmas cheer, but she's not having very good luck. First, the lights in the garland didn't work, so she bought new garland and discovered this afternoon that it is too short to cover our fence. Now it all has to go back to the store. Personally, I'm content to enjoy everyone else's Christmas lights and not worry about the electric bill... but I guess I'm not showing much Christmas spirit, am I?

Ava is on a serious Mickey Mouse kick right now. Now, I like Mickey, but come on, eight times a day?! I suppose she'll grow out of it soon enough and I should enjoy the cuteness of her asking for "Mickey Mouuuuse" all day long. But eight times a day?

I suppose that's enough for now.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!