Big weekend coming

One last post before we start packing for Farm Fest. Got up early today, not really by my choice. Grace woke me up at 3:30 a.m., whining because she wanted to get on the bed. Then I moved to the couch because I had two 70 pound mutts pushing me off of the mattress. Then Martha jumped off the bed and crashed into the t.v. stand, which sounded like somebody was trying to break into the house. Then Beth's alarm went off at 5 a.m., because she was supposed to work day shift today. Day or night, sleep just isn't an option at our place.

As it turns out, Beth got to stay home, due to low census/low need at the hospital, so we've got the day together to get everything ready to go for Farm Fest. We need to pack, load up the camper, make food... and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of right now, but it's on our list. For the last two weeks, every time I think of something we'll need, I write it down on one big list, so hopefully we won't forget too much.

We are excited about the weekend and it is almost here already! I've got my costume ready for the '80's party and I think it looks pretty cool. I have put the finishing touches on the music mix I made for the party as well. I know not everyone will like the music... but what would an '80's party be without '80's music?! Personally, I think it is some of the best music ever recorded, but I suppose everyone feels that way about the music they grew up with. (Then again, I think the best music ever recorded -- hands down -- came from the '60's, and I did not grow up during those years).

Speaking of music, I was shocked to hear that Leroi Moore, saxophonist for the Dave Matthews Band, died yesterday. He was in an accident on June 30th and had been doing physical therapy, but died suddenly related to complications from the accident. There are no more details than that. He was just 46. Dave Matthews Band has been one of my favorite bands over the last ten years... in my opinion, the finest live band you'll ever hear. What a tragedy. I'm not sure if they'll continue without him.

Did anyone read about this Bigfoot hoax? I had been following this story for about a week, because I find this kind of stuff interesting, but the joke was on me (and anyone else following the story). Last week, two men came forward and claimed to have the body of a Bigfoot in their possession, frozen in a chest freezer. They sold it to a guy named Biscardi, who is a self-proclaimed Bigfoot "expert," for $50,000. When Biscardi thawed out the body, it was nothing more than a rubber suit.

Oh, and the two men have (gasp!) disappeared. Imagine that? Sorry, that's just too funny. This Biscardi guy is obviously not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. You would think an "expert" would be just a little smarter than this. I guess if anyone deserved to be out $50,000, it's this guy. What a jackass!

I better close and start packing up for the big weekend. Hope to see you at the farm!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!