A fun weekend

It's time to go back to work already. Crap. We had a fun weekend. Beth did her glucose tolerance test on Friday and as far as I know all went well. We are just three months away and counting. I've said it before, I just can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone... at least that's my perception. I'm sure my wife would have a little something different to say.

We went to grandma and grandpa's on Saturday afternoon, bought a bunch of beef from Scott and had a delicious lunch at the Dau's.

The Budahn's came up on Saturday afternoon and stayed at one of the water parks in town, so when we got back to Brainerd, we met them for dinner at El Tequila, and Brian and I had one of their bigger-than-your-head margaritas. We then went back to the water park and enjoyed a few beverages and had a very nice, long-overdue visit. The evening ended far too early, but it was a good time.

We had a very lazy Sunday yesterday (but some times you just gotta do that). Beth and I popped some corn and watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium last night, starring Dustin Hoffman. I don't think the film did very well at the box office, but I enjoyed it. It was, as they say, "cute." It had some pretty good one-liners, actually. A good, clean family film.

This afternoon I finished my dad's World War II blog. For those of you following it, I have bi-weekly updates set to publish through the second week of June. It feels good to have that finished. I started working on the idea last November, so it's been quite a project! But I am glad to have done it.

Now I have to start thinking about all the summer projects that I need to do. First things first: at the top of my list is to finish the landscaping in the backyard, which we started late last summer, but were not able to finish before snow covered everything. Right now, the place looks like a dump.

I suppose there's not much else to discuss at the moment. The Twins don't play tonight, so I'll have to find another means of entertainment this evening. I suppose I should think about a meal for the monkey and me.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!