Spring?

Time to update things, although there's not much to say. Our house has been rattled by some nasty stomach virus lately. As posted earlier, Ava was sick a week ago. Yesterday when I got home from work, Beth was not in good shape. She had been up most of the night puking. She felt lousy all day yesterday, but was able to sleep last night and is acting much more like her chipper self today. It was just a quick bug, but it was bad while it lasted. Somehow, I've been able to avoid it so far (he said, feverishly knocking on wood).

Baseball season has started once again, a sure sign of spring. The snow is gradually melting, although it is always so slow to melt around our house because we have so many trees. That's okay, though, I'd rather have lots of trees and slowly melting snow versus no trees and green grass at the moment. Trees are good. I've also been noticing lots of robins lately and other little birdies (whose names I can't remember right now), all of which are announcing, "Spring is here!"

Ava and I dyed Easter eggs yesterday while Beth slept off her black plague. Naturally, I totally forgot to take pictures. We had lots of fun, though. She thought "painting" the eggs (as she called it) was a pretty cool way to spend the afternoon. The simple pleasures in life. Often times it takes a little monkey to make you appreciate those things again.

I guess this is a very bland entry. I find myself not being able to even watch the news anymore. There have been two mass shootings in the last week or so and I can't stand watching it. I know turning it off won't make it go away, but I also know watching this coverage day in and day out as it is glamorized by the media (as Don Henley sings, "It's interesting when people die... We love dirty laundry"), won't help me understand why anyone would do these things. What is it about the month of April? Red Lake, Columbine, Virginia Tech... now the two shootings this past week. After while the shock value wears off. After while a person just becomes numb to it.

And with that uplifting thought, I'll sign off.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!