Catching up

Time to update. It's been a while. I know it's bad when my wife asks me, "When are you going to update your blog?" I didn't think she read it, or at least not very often.

It definitely feels like summer now. It is warm and a little humid today, but I'm not complaining. At least not yet. Give me a couple weeks and I'll start bitching and moaning about how hot it is outside. I'll need to go back and read my blogs about how cold it was during the winter to remind myself that I wished for warm weather a few months ago. It's a no-win situation. Give me any weather and I'll complain about it eventually.

Last Wednesday I mowed the old farm near Hewitt (site of Farm Fest, of course). It was a beautiful day to mow and afterward I spent some time just sitting out in the yard enjoying the incredible quiet and peacefulness of the place. I had a couple Diet Dr. Pepper's and a couple Iguanas. I had a good conversation with Mom and Dad. It was nice to talk to them for a while. I'm looking forward to going back again soon and spending more time there. It is my favorite place on earth.

Over the weekend I finally, FINALLY got the deck stained after fighting rain storms and work schedules. It looks very nice. Hopefully it will stay that way for a while now. On Saturday my bride insisted I get my Father's Day present, a new grill. At long last a new grill!! I've been without one since last fall. I got a GrillPro, which was on sale. I thought about a Weber, but this grill was about $200 cheaper. I may end up regretting it, but I may be perfectly happy with it, too. I've not yet put it together, but I will try to make that happen during the evenings this week before I go to work.

On Sunday we went to Big Lake to my great-nephew Luke's grad party. Saw and visited with family, which was nice. Stacy had a brisket which was just awesome (pork?). Then we went over to Budahn's where we scoped out a playset which we are going to buy from Brian and Lindsey. Their kids are too big for it now (hard to believe, but it's true), and they wanted to see it get some more use.

The thing is enormous and Ava was all over it; she loved it. So we are going to break it down into sections and transport it up to Baxter. Finding time to do it is going to be the biggest obstacle. Brian is in the middle of rehearsal for a musical in July, we're having a baby in a month which is sort of a big deal... then Farm Fest comes in August, so it probably won't happen until September. That's okay, though. If I were to buy a playset, it wouldn't get put together until September anyway... six of one, half dozen of the other, right?

Next on my agenda is to finish the landscaping around this place. Once that is done I won't blush in embarrassment every time I walk out into my backyard. I really should take "before" pictures just to appreciate how the place will look when I'm done. It's getting better, but very slowly.

Oh, and I have to start going through music for Farm Fest, too. I haven't looked at anything since last August. I'm sure it will come back fast, but it won't come back until I look at it.

It seems I have plenty to do, which means I shouldn't be typing on the computer. I'll update again soon.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!