Another week

Back to work for another week. 

Beth made Hungarian mushroom soup tonight, which is one of my favorites.  It is not low fat or low cholesterol, which is why it tastes so darn good (it is also why we don't make it too often).  Ava even ate a bowl, I think simply because I told her she wouldn't like it ("I love it!" was her reaction.  What a turd!).  The soup was made famous in our neck of the woods by a restaurant called Sibley Station which was in Pequot Lakes.  The owners of that particular establishment did not believe in the great American tradition of paying taxes, so they are no longer in business.  It's a darn shame because they concocted some outstanding recipes in that kitchen.  Oh well... stupid is as stupid does.

We are still nursing Grace along.  I took her to the vet this morning for a check-up on her eye and the good news is the ulcer in her left eye is healing nicely, the bad news is she now has an ulcer in her right eye.  We noticed over the weekend that her right eye was mattery, watery and red, so I asked the vet to look at it since we were already there.  Sure enough, another ulcer.  The vet suspects she is not making enough tears, but we go back in two weeks after the antibiotic ointment has had a chance to do its stuff and she'll perform a test for tear production. 

Neil has discovered he's got hands, although I don't think he realizes they belong to him.  He's pretty entertaining to watch.  He's cooing now, sputtering and giggling.  He's not an infant anymore.  Time goes way too fast.

Beth is back to work and I am formulating a routine when she's gone.  It's a work in progress, but I'll have it down to a science sooner rather than later.

Not much to discuss at the moment -- it is very hard to believe Thanksgiving is next week.  That will be a rough week.  Beth and I are working a lot, so we won't be seeing much of each other, plus Neil's baptism is on the 29th, so we are trying to plan for that as well. 

It's back to the rat race.  I'll write more later.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!