Welcome to Wal-Mart!


I survived a really crappy weekend at work.  Actually Friday and Saturday nights weren't bad, but it was the typical Sunday night "shit shift" (as we put it) that took the cake.  Of course I cannot go into any details, but allow me to say this:  the drug propofol (also called Diprivan) has gotten a really bad rap in the press lately because it torpedoed Michael Jackson, but trust me... propofol is a beautiful thing.  Enough said.

However, I'm home now and I'm happy about that.

So I dropped Ava off at preschool today and gritted my teeth as I headed to Wal-Mart.  I wanted to buy Bon Jovi's new album and a few other things.  Every time I go to Wal-Mart I always end up with a story to share.  This morning was no different.  When I checked out, the cashier gave me my total, so I handed her a $50 bill.  She looked at me blankly and said, "Do you got a penny?"

I'm proud to say I bit my tongue, but my initial thought was to blurt out, "No I do not have any pennies, but I do have this f***ing fifty dollar bill I'm handing you!"

My second thought was to fart, pick some Copenhagen out of my teeth and say, "Um, nope.  I don't reckon I ain't got no penny."

Stupid store.  I must admit, however, I just read my sister-in-law Kathy's blog and my brother Bob has the Wal-Mart story of Wal-Mart stories.  This is from Kathy's blog:


Now for something that happen a few weeks ago to Bob and is a pretty unbelievable stories but what really did happen! We were in Wal-mart, Bob went into the men's room, in one of the stalls there was a man and dad could see that he was naked! He came walking out and standing naked as a baby only covered with poop all over, up is back and down his legs, he said to Bob, "I am having a bad day" Bob is trying to finish and ignore him, when in walked a Wal-mart employee, Bob thought maybe they are going to tell him to get out of there, but the employee had a bunch of rags for the man, he was trying to help him get cleaned up. At that point dad was finished and just wanted to get out of there. So we do not know what happened or an ending to this story, only that it was a real stinky situation!
I can't top that, Bob.


I suppose I should try to find something constructive to do today.  Beth goes back to work today and I am playing Mr. Mom.  We'll have fun.

I've been on a major Frank Sinatra kick lately.  I am finishing a book about the Rat Pack and I also have a CD called "The Rat Pack Live at the Sands", recorded in 1963 in Las Vegas.  It's a terrific listen.  You can't help but to want to sit down with a cocktail and enjoy the show.

The sun is shining and it feels great.  I only wish it was about 70 degrees outside.  I guess you can't have everything.

Until next time...

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!