My Brush with Fame?

Just dropped Ava off at school, Neil is still sleeping, so I've got a narrow window of opportunity to update things.

What a week of work.  One of the crappiest I can remember.  I can't go into details due to HIPPA, but trust me... it pretty much sucked.

There was one bright spot this week.  If you read my last entry (click here) I talked about Brian Ray of Paul McCartney's band.  It appears that Mr. Ray personally commented on my blog.  Now, it could very well be that one of my friends is pulling a fast one on me, but I have reason to believe it is for real.  All he'd have to do is look at my profile to get the link to my blog  ...hey, you have to admit it doesn't get much cooler than that, right?!

Here is a great three part interview that Mr. Ray recently gave the Milwaukee Examiner.

Anyway, just in case Mr. Ray comes back to my blog again, I'd like to personally invite him and the rest of McCartney's band -- as well as that one guy who used to be in that groovy little quartet in the '60's -- to the farm for Farm Fest 7 on August 21, 2010!!  We might even let them sit in with us for a couple of songs.  I haven't talked it over with Dale and the rest of the Family Jewels, but I think everyone would be okay with it.


Ray's album, by the way, is called Mondo Magneto.  He's releasing a new album this summer called This Way Up.  I can guarantee you I'll be buying that one!  I also just downloaded another great album by his bandmate, Rusty Anderson, who is McCartney's lead guitarist, called Born on Earth.  I would highly recommend both.  Great music!

Speaking of Farm Fest, I have completed the t-shirt design for this year's shirt and I'm working on the invitation.  It will be sent via internet, just like last year.  We are having a rehearsal on June 12th at the farm.... things are starting to roll!

Well, time to get something done around here.  I mowed my lawn last week and you'd never know it.  I really need to mow again already, but after looking around the neighborhood, I'm not the only one!

It was ridiculously hot and humid yesterday.  It felt like mid-July.  I hope this isn't a sign of things to come this summer.  Ish.  Beth isn't feeling good today and I've got a scratchy throat as well.  The kids had colds last week, so I'm sure they are sharing the love.  Summer colds are just stupid.

Grace got her mouth fixed yesterday.  She got her teeth cleaned and her gums repaired.  She looks like a movie star now and her breath smells much better!  And I can honestly say that I just spent more money on my dog's teeth than I've spent on my own over the past 25 years combined!

The stuff people do for their pets.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!