Dau Weekend

I haven't been near a computer for a while, so I thought I'd better update things before I head off to work tonight.

Just spent the last four days at the Dau's in New York Mills, camping out and doing family stuff.  I would love a good night's sleep tonight, but that's obviously not going to happen.  That will have to wait till morning.

My father-in-law took us around Wadena to see the tornado damage first hand.  I've never seen anything so horrible and sad in my life.  We also went to the rural areas, something you hear nothing about on the news, and many farmsteads were damaged and destroyed - some were completely obliterated.  People escaped with their lives, but little more.  The power and destruction can't even be described and pictures do not serve justice.  It was incredible.

But on a happier note, we did have a good time, ate and drank more than a person should, had pretty decent weather for the most part  and we had a nice campfire each night... that's the most important part, right? 

We came home this afternoon and just west of Wadena our windshield was hit by a rock by an oncoming truck and made a nice, big crack on the driver's side.  If it's not one thing, it's another.  We'll have to get that fixed this week.  It could have been worse... I am definitely not going to complain about it.

There's a quick update for you.  I'm posting a picture here my sister-in-law Sara took this weekend.  I stole it from her Facebook page, but I thought it was a pretty cute picture of my boy with his goofy half-grin.  He's nearly walking... I bet he will be before his 1st birthday!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!