Father's Day 2010

Its the end of a week that we will not soon forget.  The clean up continues in Wadena and will continue for weeks to come.  We are going to my in-laws this coming week to camp at their place in New York Mills and help in any way we can. 

Governor Pawlenty declared a state of emergency in Wadena County, so at least the local agencies can get the help they need.  The Governor surveyed the damage on Friday.  Senator Amy Klobuchar was in Wadena on Saturday and stopped by what used to be my father-in-law's business.  The Fargo Forum snapped this picture, which I think is heartbreaking.  It was printed on the front page of the Fargo Forum newspaper today.  It is my father-in-law receiving a hug from the Senator.

Perhaps the biggest news here is Scott Dau actually hugged a Democrat!  (sorry, I had to lighten the mood a bit)... 

Happy Father's Day to my father-in-law.  I think a very large bottle of Crown Royal, a big bag of Snickers and a massive Churchill cigar would be the perfect gift this year.

Also Happy Father's Day to my dad... (wish you were here so I could say it in person, but I think you can hear me).

I hope to have more uplifting news with my next post.  Things have been quite somber around these parts lately.  There is nothing harder than watching those you love going through a very difficult time.

But we'll make it through.

We always have and we always will.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!