August Already??

How in the world can it be August 9th already?  It seems like I just updated my blog and here it is 11 days later. 

We had some good days off - we stayed close to home since one or both of us are not going to be around for our next three weekends off (the next six calendar weeks).  We finally finished up our landscaping projects around here.  Beth put some more touches on "Sanity Square."  Sara and the kids visited.  I got the farm mowed, and I pushed mowed about 80% of it.  The riding mower at the farm, which my dad bought in 1990, doesn't back up and doesn't turn to the left very well (or is it the right?).  Anyway, you can only go one direction and turn one direction - makes you feel like a NASCAR driver.  So, I brought my own push mower... 

Ya know, when I was 17 years old and in shape, pushing-mowing the farm didn't seem like a big deal.  Twenty-three years and 60 pounds later, I can honestly say it sucked didn't seem as easy.  But I got 'er done.  The next day I got my own lawn mowed.  Like Mom would say, "I wish I had a nickle for every blade of grass I mowed."  Heck, I'd settle for a nickle for every 100 blades of grass.  I would undoubtedly be a millionaire.

Instead, I remain a thousandaire.

Over the weekend we enjoyed a tremendous natural fireworks display on Saturday night.  We even went to church on Sunday.  Last night it was oppressively warm and humid as the Mrs. and I enjoyed a cold beverage in "Sanity Square," and it doesn't feel much better this morning.

What is "Sanity Square," you ask?  I'll have to tell you more about that later - I'll post some pictures too. 

Now it is back to work for seven nights - then Farm Fest 7!  I am really getting excited now!  I hope other folks are too...  This week will consist of making lists, checking them twice, and next week the packing starts.  The extended forecast looks very promising.  Not a drop of rain is forecast between Tuesday the 17th and Monday the 23rd.  We'll see if that sticks.  Looks good so far, though.

Well, I guess that's it for now.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!