Long Evening

There's really nothing interesting to say, but I'll post anyway.  Everyone in the house was asleep by 7:55 PM.  That makes for a very long evening to sit here alone, so I might as well write a little something. 

Just sitting here enjoying a Liberty Ale (by the San Francisco Brewing Company) and trying to stay entertained by college basketball, although it fails to do a whole lot for me unless it is March Madness.  I've decided that it must be a requirement to have no less than 22 tattoos in order to play college basketball.  I guess it is a form of self expression, but there a lot of things I felt strongly about when I was 19 or 20 -- things I would have gotten a tattoo for -- that do not seem the least bit important anymore.

The owls were back late this afternoon, both perched in a tree in our backyard and hooting like crazy, although it was too dark to take pictures this time.  They didn't stay long before flying off through the trees.  I don't see how they can navigate through the woods without clipping their wings on something.  I mean, these guys are BIG. 

I've decided I need to get new glasses.  Mine are falling apart and the lenses are scratched to kingdom come.  It is something I just need to do, but it is one of those things that is really easy to put off.  I can't remember how old these glasses are, at least five years old.  I remember when I first got them my vision was blurry in my left eye, so I went back to the doctor's office and the tech made me feel foolish.  "Are you sure?" he asked.  Um... yeah, I was sure.  "Well, I've worked with the doc for 15 years and I've never seen him make a mistake."  But he told me to wait and he would squeeze me in so the doctor could re-examine me.

About 25 minutes later, before the doctor saw me, the same tech came up to me and sheepishly said, "I'm so sorry, I copied down the prescription wrong and that's why you left eye is blurry.  It's my fault."  So I said, "So I'm not crazy?"  And he replied, "Oh goodness no!  I didn't make you feel that way, did I?" 

And I was honest.  "Yeah, you did." 

Asshole.  I like to see assholes squirm.  It's just the way I am.  I suppose it makes me a bad person, but if the shoe fits, you better be ready to wear it.  I certainly will never go back to Lakes Area Eye Care.

Boy isn't this an exciting post?!  It is 9:00 PM.  I might as well go to bed.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!