Whew!

I guess I could ask something stupid like, "Hot 'nuff fer ya?" but I'd have to punch myself in the face. 

Yeah, they say it's warm out there.  And I'll take their word for it.  I'm in central air.  The kids are stir crazy, as is their dad, but we are all staying cool.

Actually the weatherman has tempered his enthusiasm a little bit.  A couple days ago the forecast high was 100 for this neck o' the woods.  Now the forecast high is 92.  But as usual, the dew point is the problem - we've been in excess of 70 degrees for almost a week.  At one point we were very close to 80.  I'm not sure if I've ever experienced a dew point that high.  Really makes me wish my dad was still here.  He'd really think this is some kind of weather. 

Meanwhile my lawn is an embarrassment.  You want to talk about perfect weather for your lawn.  It should have been mowed last week, but what can you do?  It's either too wet or it's too damn hot.  I guess tomorrow I need to put on my big boy pants and just get it done.

But the good news is tomorrow we are packing up and on Friday we are heading to Bob and Kathy's for a fun weekend of camping at the lake.  It sounds like the weather isn't going to be quite as oppressive, but the forecast has been wrong once before. 

Or twice.

That's all for now.  Not much of an entry, but there ya go.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!