A Fun Weekend

As promised, a new update within two weeks! (gasp)

We spent a very fun weekend at the Budahn's this past weekend.  Just before we departed our beloved town I got the call that my new glasses were in, so I stopped by and picked them up to sport my new hunk-o-burnin-love look for the weekend.  (Or something like that).

We spent Friday night sitting around Brian and Lindsey's beautiful fire pit solving multiple global issues.  The fire pit was a do-it-yourself project by Mr. Budahn himself and it is awesome.  Of course now I've got the itch to do something with my fire pit.  It is a project that will have to wait until next spring, but I have all winter to plan and scheme. 

We went to a terrific Italian restaurant in Champlin on Saturday night, called Buona Sera.  Fantastic food, great service and a relaxed atmosphere.  It was just the four of us, no munchkins - and it was the highlight of the weekend.  Great place.

We capped the weekend off by celebrating Brian's birthday watching the Vikings play a great first half of football on Sunday.  I won't talk about the second half.

We also paid visits to the Fytens and Dan's of Big Lake while zipping around the Elk River area.  By sheer coincidence, Dan's had just gotten a Honda Ridgeline on their lot less than 48 hours earlier.  We've been "himming and hawing" (as my mom would say) about getting a pick-up for a while - and I've wanted a pick-up for 10 years.  Anyway, long story short, I saw the Ridgeline, we took it for a drive, and I said "This is mine."

So we are going down next week to trade in our faithful Camry, or as Ava calls it, "the sick car," because she used to get sick every time she rode in it.

I've had a nice time off work, but I've burned up most of my vacation time.  Now it's time to start banking it back up again over the fall and winter.  "Back to reality," as they say.  But I'm glad my reality includes having a job and a roof over my head.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!