Where have you been?

...you might be asking me.

Holy Cow... okay, a promise to my blog readers (for those who bother to even stop by anymore because I never update) I will update more often.  Really, I will.  (And yes, I know I said that in the last sentence of my last blog update back in August).  Sheesh.

Honestly, two updates in the past four weeks.  This has been my longest dry spell in the blogging world since I started doing this thing back in 2007.  That's just awful. 

I guess having a kindergartner and a two year old who keeps me on my toes every waking moment are taking their toll. 

So what's new?  Probably not a whole lot.  Ava's first day of kindergarten was on September 6th and so far everything is going very well.  I hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying that...

I had an eye appointment last Monday and the optometrist was younger than me.  The older I get the more I realize that I'm getting older. 

So the doc said my eyes were fine, but as I age I will notice some normal changes in my vision.  As I age?  You might as well stick a dagger in my ego, kid.

Shit.

The weather is chilly today; a crisp, clear September day exactly like it was 15 years ago when I married this chick who I really dug.  Yeah, today is our 15th anniversary.  Wow, that time flew by.   In another 15 years Ava will be a junior in college and Neil will be a senior in high school.  I don't even want to think about it...

We are celebrating our special day by me watching the kids and Beth working from 11:00 AM until who-knows-when.  Sounds nice and romantic, eh?  Not.

I suppose I could carry on for another two or three pages, but my son is not allowing me to.  That's life these days.  I promise I will talk to you again sooner rather than later!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!