Transition Time & iPod Blues

We made a big move yesterday.  Neil's bedroom was officially moved to the upper level and his old room on the lower level (formerly known as the baby room or nursery) was transitioned into the toy room.  It was a lot of moving, a lot of stair climbing (and a lot of complaining about the moving and stair climbing) but it was well worth the effort.

We also moved our big screen t.v. (an old rear projection set) into the toy room so the kids have their own little movie theater when they want to watch a movie.

Best of all, the adults now have the upper level to themselves and the lower level of our house is now being used for something other than laundry and sleeping!

The new toy room.... at long last!

Playing a fishing game.  Bean bag chairs will be coming this Christmas.

In other news, my iPod Classic had a massive stroke yesterday.  I've no idea what happened to it.  I plugged it into my computer Friday night, but iTunes would not acknowledge it - didn't even recognize it as a device.  Then the iPod suddenly began to reboot itself.

When it was finished rebooting, the music files had been erased!  Worse yet, it said the 80 GB hard drive was completely full except for 4 MB.  No movies, no pictures, no video, no music and no games (except the three that originally came with it).  Yet a full hard drive?  Clearly something was very wrong.  (Prior to this it never had more than 20 GB on it).

I connected Beth's iPod and it worked fine, so I knew it wasn't iTunes or my computer.

I tried rebooting it multiple times, I scoured the internet for help, I put it in disk mode, diagnostic mode, but nothing works.  I tried playing one of the games on the device, but after it loaded the iPod suddenly started to reboot itself again.

A massive hard drive failure?  But why?  I've only had this iPod for three years.

After watching several You Tube tutorial videos, I tried opening it up to get a look inside but I can't get the damn thing opened.

But that's me and electronics.  If something stupid can happen, it will happen to me.

Oh well, I've learned not to lose sleep over stupid stuff like this.  If I did, I would not have slept since 1988.

I guess this is a pretty lame post - who really cares about my iPod except me?!

It is Sunday - a day of rest and football for me.  Funny how the small things make a guy happy.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!