11-11-11

I get so sick and tired of these morons wasting their time spouting off about the world ending today - 11/11/2011.  Why today?  They act as if this date has never happened before.

One hundred years ago when this date occurred, 11/11/1911, I wonder if they thought the same thing?

How about 200 years ago when it was 11/11/1811?

The real doozy happened 900 years ago when it really was 11/11/1111.  I wonder if they had nut jobs predicting the end of the earth back then, or maybe they had more important things to be concerned about, like not contracting the measles or smallpox or some other disease which meant certain death.

The point is this:  for some reason, we in the 21st century seem to think everything that happens to us is unique.  And it's not.  Time, a man-made concept in the first place, just keeps pushing forward and we keep coming up with excuses why the earth will end sooner rather than later.  When we entered a new century/millennium back 11 years ago, it was supposed to be the end of days.  Never happened. 

I personally hope the earth doesn't end any time soon.  I would like to see my babies grow up.

The next big date will be 12/21/2012 and it will be a really big deal because the Mayans said the earth will end that day.  Or so scholars think.  There is no possibility that these highbrows have lost something in translation is there?  I can't help but find it all amusing.  The average dinglefritz has never given a damn about Mayan culture (hey, I'm just being honest here and you know I'm right), but now suddenly the Mayans have The Answer and everyone is getting their knickers in a bind.

So enjoy today's unique date.  It won't happen again for another hundred years and I don't imagine I'll be around to see it next time.  My time will surely have come to an end by then.  For real.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!