My Web Site and a Surgery...

Time to take a short break from writing about football to update my "other" blog... which would be this one.

I've been writing like Wordsworth lately, busy trying to establish myself on Twitter and the World Wide Web (do they even call it that anymore?) as a fantasy football personality.  

It's a perfect marriage to me.  I love writing and I love fantasy football.  I've played fantasy football since 1991, which makes me an old timer compared to a lot of writers out there.  So I figured, "why not?"  These self-proclaimed "experts" and "gurus" don't know anything more about the hobby than me.

So I paid for a web domain, www.thelonepylon.com , and I am cross-posting everything to Twitter using the (in)famous hashtags ### to generate more traffic.
My official logo.  I designed it myself and it turned out far better than I was expecting.

I have also applied to cross-post to www.pro-football-reference.com , which I've found to be the best statistical resource for the NFL on the internet.  I'm currently using their "linker" feed, which automatically creates hyperlinks of players'  stats from my site to theirs.  It's pretty cool.  

I should find out more from Pro Football Reference this coming week.  If I am given permission to cross-post, that will generate much more traffic to my site.

But all this extra effort seems to be working.  I've gained 50+ followers on Twitter in the last two months, most of them fantasy football writers, publishers or web masters.

[I must admit that it didn't hurt getting re-tweeted by former All-Pro Marcellus Wiley and Hall of Famer Fran Tarkenton; a little luck is always nice.]

In June I had 652 "hits" to my site (meaning someone, somewhere visited the site or read something I wrote).  

So far in July, my "hits" have skyrocketed to 1,376; more than double last month's total.

So this is a fun little hobby I'm dabbling in.  Please feel free to visit my site, although if you're not interested in football, I'm afraid you won't find it very captivating.

|||||||||||

Okay, enough "bragging" on my part.  In other news...

The Boy had surgery on Tuesday morning.  He had his adenoids removed and he breezed through the procedure like a pro.  By Tuesday afternoon he was up, playing games on the iPad.  The next day he was back to just about 100%.  

I knew he would do well, but I must admit I am glad it is over.

A very groggy boy post-op at the surgery center.  This is the Girl's "I'm glad it's not me!" face.

The next day, the Boy was as good as new (his ID bracelet is still on his wrist).  He's showing off one of his "get well" presents.

This week the Wife took the tax deductions to the zoo.  I had to work... and they didn't even bring me home a Dairy Queen.

I sure wish I could've had a DQ.  Dang it.

That's all for now.  Time to enjoy the day...

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!