Freedom Monday

I've come to the end of my seven night tour of duty and now I am enjoying "Freedom Monday." That's what I call every other Monday, as it is the beginning of seven days off and gives me a chance to be among the living for a little while. I started this particular Freedom Monday in typical fashion: enjoying an early morning Iguana in the garage with a Diet Coke while my loved ones slumber a few extra minutes.

It hasn't been a bad week at work, at least not compared to some weeks, but I am ready to be off for a while. Seven consecutive nights may not sound like a lot, but it does get a little long. Still, I get those beautiful seven days off in return, so I won't cry too hard.

It is starting to sputter snow now; I've heard we are supposed to get 1 to 3 inches of the white shit before it's all said and done. We shall see. Winter is no longer welcome here. I don't think I am alone in that sentiment.

I will update again later in the week. I am sure I will see or hear something that will piss me off and inspire me to write. I'm kind of like that, you know.

Right now my youngest loved one is sitting in her crib with a blanket over her head yelling for Martha at the top of her voice. Notice she yells for the dog, but not for her dad?

Man, it's a dog's life.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!