Is Spring Here?

My first night back to work last night. I got up at 2 p.m. this afternoon and the eaves were dripping, the sun was bright and I just couldn't bring myself to go back to bed, even though I was still tired. So I let the dogs out and let them run (they were delighted with the warm weather, too), poured a cup of Folgers and puffed on an Iguana out in the garage as I listened to the wonderful "splish-splash" of the eaves melting away winter. My outdoor thermometer says 48 degrees (yes, above zero) right now and it is sitting in the shade. I think there is hope that winter will not last forever.

We are one week and counting to Bon Jovi. They have four shows left until they hit the Twin Cities. It's funny how a person can wait for so long with so much anticipation for an event like this, and to the band it's just another stop on their itinerary. But I know it will be a great show and I just can't wait to see it. I had read that the video system alone for this show is worth $6 million, and nothing like it has been put on the road before. Leave it to Bon Jovi to try something no one else has tried. I can assure you, a full review of the whole day's activities, including the concert, will be posted here as soon as we get back!

On Friday (21st) we are going to Bismarck to see Jon and Sara for the weekend. We haven't been out there in a long while, and I know we'll have a good time. Beth and I are both looking forward to getting out of Dodge and getting away from the damn phone... (well, I'm looking forward to getting away from the phone. Beth might go through some kind of telecommunications withdrawal). Of course, she's still got her cell phone so I think she'll survive.

I am hosting a March Madness bracket on CBS Sportsline. If you haven't gotten an invitation, please don't be offended. I tried to send it to as many people as I could think of who I thought would be interested. The more people who want to play, the merrier. So far, five people have already signed up, so I think this is going to be a lot of fun. No money is riding on it, it just for fun, but it does make watching the basketball tourney a lot more interesting. If you want to play, click here to go to the link.

The group password is: govikings (no spaces, no capitals). If you don't have an account at CBS Sports, you'll be asked to set one up, but it is free and easy -- takes just a couple minutes to do.

Speaking of basketball, my hometown Bertha-Hewitt Bears boys team is now 25-0. They are ranked #1 in the state in their class. If they go to the sectional championship, it will be played right here in Brainerd. Unfortunately it is on March 18th, the date of the Bon Jovi concert. I sure hope they get to the state finals, that would be a LOT of fun to watch. The Bears' new head coach, Dale Finck, is a school mate of mine. He graduated a year ahead of me. Actually, I stole his girlfriend in high school. I should have let him keep the bitch; if I only had a crystal ball back then. Oh, well... that's water that's gone under the bridge, gone through the water treatment plant and been flushed out to sea a long time ago. I hope the Bears win the state championship. That would be awesome!

Well for not much to say, I guess I've said enough. I'll check in later in the week.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!