Quick Update

It is a beautiful day and I'm doing absolutely nothing. I guess that's not entirely true... I am being a dad, watching my kiddo, but there's so much I should be doing. I know, I should change my attitude and just enjoy my time with her, correct? Right now, Dora the Explorer is on, so she's got the spotlight. Yesterday I did replace our old thermostat with a new digital one. I am hoping it will be a bit more efficient. So far the central air is working and the house hasn't burned down, so I guess I installed it correctly.

Tomorrow, Thursday, will prove to be a very busy day. Beth will be home, so I have to cram as many chores into one day as I can. I am going to get up early and go out to the farm and mow/trim. Then I'll come back home and mow/trim my own yard (my lawn is so long it is embarrassing). That will take up a good part of the day. Then I need to open the camper and get it ready for the weekend. We are going to New York Mills, camping at grandma and grandpa's place for a family get together with Beth's sisters. That should be fun. We haven't all been together in a long time.

The Euro Cup is on ESPN and I decided to humor myself to see how long I could watch it. Holy Toledo... BOOOOOORRRRRIIIINNNNGGGG! I can understand why these soccer fans go crazy and riot. There is absolutely nothing else to do at a soccer game but drink and pick fights -- there sure as hell is nothing happening on the playing field! The only amusing part is when any physical contact occurs between the players. If they so much as lay a fingernail on one another they fling themselves to the ground and scream in agony. You would think limbs were being torn off the way these prima donnas act. I guess it is a European thing. One thing is for sure, I'd rather watch a documentary on the history of hemorrhoids; it would be far more interesting.

I am sure this will be my last blog for a few days. This week will fly by and next week is already the 4th of July. I need to start rehearsing my music for Farm Fest. Man, August will be here before I'm ready.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!