A Turd in the Pool

It's been a busy few days for us. On Thursday we went to Fargo and spent the night at the Best Western. We met Jon, Sara and Nora there and we were right across the parking lot from Bennigan's Bar and Grill. Thursday night just so happened to be $2 tap beer night. Let me repeat that, $2 Killian's Red 20 ounce tap beer. YES! Now, my brother-in-law, Jon, professes in the art of beer drinking -- just like yours truly -- so we commenced professing in our art.

After a few rounds, we went back to the motel to let the girls go swimming in the waterpark. Jon and I continued to profess in our art while we watched the girls swim and we discovered a turd in the pool, which further confirms my personal policy of not swimming in public (cess) pools. In my Killian's Red-fueled state, I personally reported the turd in the pool to the front desk, much to the chagrin of the desk clerk. The guests checking in started laughing and the clerk turned red -- maybe she thought that I put the turd in the pool? Anyway, while the staff fished out the turd and closed the pool until further notice, we went back to our motel room and continued professing into the night. We did enjoy ourselves.

On Friday, we stopped in New York Mills, had supper with Scott and Ann and had a nice visit.

On Saturday, I started my first summer project: a gazebo for our back yard. I got the frame finished Saturday, and today (Sunday) I put on the canvas top, and installed in a stone floor, which looks pretty good. It's not professionally done, but I'm not a professional landscaper. This will be a great place to go this summer to get out of the bugs.

The only problem with doing stuff like this is I am reminded how out of shape I am. I feel like I've just finished a two-a-day during football training camp. When I think about it, I guess I did do a lot of lifting. I put down 650 pounds of paving base and some 1,800 pounds worth of paving stones (49 stones at 38 pounds a piece... that gets kind of heavy after while). I literally lifted over a ton today and this fat boy ain't used to that. So I am stiff and sore now and in dire need a Michelob so I can sit inside our new gazebo and take it for a "test drive." Of course, I also have to be sure to replace any calories I may have burned today. Now it is up to Beth to decorate the gazebo and I know she's got some ideas. I am sure she'll have it looking cool in no time.

So that pretty much sums up the last few days. It is back to work tomorrow for eight nights in a row, then the following weekend we are camping out at the Dau's place in New York Mills. That will be a fun time.

We'll talk again later.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!