July 8

I guess I will update my blog here. I read an interesting article not too long ago, which said that psychologists think that keeping a blog is actually beneficial to one's mental health; in some cases, it works as well as taking a pill. I've always thought that it is therapeutic to write about how you feel. I mean, I feel better when I write things down, which is often the only way I get things "out." (You won't be reading any of that here on my blog, though.) Abraham Lincoln once said (I am paraphrasing here), if you are upset with someone, write them a letter and tell them exactly what you think of them. Then save postage and throw the letter into the fireplace. You'll feel better. Old Abe was years ahead of his time.

Our family had yet another close call last week when my great-niece (Amy's little girl) fell ten feet from Bob and Kathy's deck and landed on a concrete slab. She suffered a skull fracture, was airlifted to Children's Hospital in St. Paul, but is already home and doing well. It was a close call in a year of close calls, and our family has really been blessed that everyone is still standing and smiling.

It is hard to believe Farm Fest is just a little over six weeks away. I have to start practicing on my bass soon, although I know the music, I just need to review and refresh my memory. I still haven't sent the Farm Fest invitations. I am waiting to hear back from Brandy regarding the t-shirts. I hope that happens this week so I can get the invitations copied and sent on my days off. It would be ideal to send a mass e-mail to everyone, and that is something I am seriously thinking about... after all, there would be no postage expense, no cost of making copies, no stuffing and addressing envelops, no wrong addresses and returned invitations... and people could just print out the t-shirt order form that is sent in the e-mail, or send Brandy their request via e-mail. For people without an e-mail address, I could send them invitations via snail mail. You know, this is a good idea. Hmmmm....

Beth is back to work today after a well deserved 12 days off. Today and tomorrow is "father/daughter" day. Right now, Ava is insisting on watching "Max and Ruby," which she just loves. In a little while, I think we'll head to the kiddie pool in the back yard. It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day.

It is time to get something done around here, whatever that may be?

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!