Who needs sleep?

Gosh, not much to blog about. Kind of a rough night last night. I was dead tired after my seven night stretch and went to bed at 10 p.m. I was awakened at 2 a.m. by Gracie the dog panting in my ear. It is hard to sleep with a 75 pound dog huffing and puffing next to you.

She cooled herself off after while and I finally just began falling asleep and Ava starting yelling at 3 a.m., "Hey guys! Hey! I gotta go potty!" So I dragged myself out of bed, let her do her thing and tucked her back in. Suddenly my body reverted back to night shift mode and I laid there with burning eyes, but wide awake until past 5 a.m. when I must have fallen back asleep. But Beth had to go to work two hours early today for an inservice, so there was no sleeping in. Ava and I have been hanging out all day... and I have been taken coffee intravenously.


We've been outside a couple hours, made a sand castle, drew on the garage floor with sidewalk chalk, ran circles in the yard looking for the "tall mountain," and had a juice and dirt picnic. Now we're inside, out of the sun for a while. Ava is playing with her Little People farm. "Max and Ruby" will be on soon, which is a staple at our place. I never heard of "Max and Ruby" a year ago. Now they are rock stars in my house. Live and learn.


Jon, Sara and Nora will be here tomorrow. Ava is excited that her cousin is coming to see her. We are off to Duluth at noon on Thursday for our big camping trip. We are soooo looking forward to some "us" time. Best of all, the weather sounds like it is going to cooperate. The last two times we've been camping, we've been rained out or chased away by a funnel cloud. This time it sounds awfully promising -- but the weatherman has been wrong once or twice this year.

Speaking of camping, we've got a thousand things to get done before we leave. More than anything, I have to get up bright and early in the morning and mow the lawn. I hope the neighbors don't mind the sound of my lawn mower before 8 a.m. To tell the truth, I don't much care what they think. I have to listen to their crappy Pomeranian mutt yap constantly and listen to their foul-mouthed kids everyday... oh, and pick up their dog crap which is always in my front lawn (which I deposit "properly," shall we say...), so I might fire up the mower at 5:30 a.m. and dare them to complain. Rudeness begets rudeness.

I should be a nicer person, shouldn't I? After all, we are all fighting our own battles, trying to get through life the best we can.

Yeah, whatever.

There are your words of kindness for the day, Sam style.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!