16 Sep 08

I will update things here since it is still a little too early to start mowing my lawn. I have so much crap to do this week, I doubt I will get it all done. So many things that I have meaning to do before the snow flies... and suddenly I'm on the clock. These little projects seemed so far away back in May and June. Now there's a chill in the air and some of the leaves are starting to turn. Even Christmas items are starting to be displayed in stores (Fleet Farm and Menard's, to be exact). Yes, you read that right, Christmas in September.

Beth and I celebrated our anniversary on Sunday. Well, I guess "celebrated" isn't the right word. She went shopping at WalMart and I watched football, then went to work. But at least we both remembered the date. We would like to go out for dinner later this week, if it's possible. Our preference is to go to the Pine Cove Inn in Wadena, which is where we had our wedding reception, but I'm not 100% sure that will happen. My second preference is (of all places) Pizza Hut, because that is where we went on our first date (oh, ain't that sweet?). I guess it doesn't really matter, as long as we're together. She was the girl of my dreams 12 years ago and she still is now.

There is a guy coming later this week to do the final measurements for our new counter top. Then I have the task of figuring out how to remove the old one -- and finding the time to do it next week when I work. He plans on installing the new counter top starting the week of Sept. 29th. I think it will look very nice once it gets completed. We are also getting a new sink and a garbage disposal. Wow, we are really moving up in the world!

Not much else has been happening here in my little corner of the American dream. Football is usually on in the evenings (at least Thursday through Monday). I take a vacation from the football world Tuesday and Wednesday to help Beth keep sane.

It is downright chilly this morning, just 40 degrees when I got up at 6:30 a.m. In five months, that will seem balmy. I better wrap up here. Beth and Ava are still asleep. Martha is snoozing on the couch and Grace is curled up with Beth. The coffee is brewed and the house is quiet. I love this time of day. I think I will enjoy it for a few minutes.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!