Chores

I decided to do a little housekeeping this evening. I've always thought of my blog as a kind of story of my life (a very boring story, but a story nonetheless), so what better place to write in than a book? Or at least a virtual book. Or at least something that looks like a book of the virtual variety.

Never mind.

I haven't been doing anything exciting over the last few days, but I have been getting my list of chores gradually crossed off. I won't get it all done before heading back to work, but at least I will have made a nice little dent in it.

I got "Phase 1" of our backyard landscaping project done yesterday. Almost. I needed 124 feet of stone edging and I ended up with 123 feet. Instead of squaring off the corners, I rounded them off, and it must have cost me three inches each corner. I am exactly one stone (12 inches) short. That's okay; very easily fixable, right? I think this is going to end up looking pretty nice when we're done.

I met with Chris Roberts on Tuesday, who is going to be installing our counter tops. He seemed like a straight-forward kind of guy. He did my in-laws counter tops, so I know he does meticulous work. He called today to confirm we wanted the design Beth picked out, and he asked her if she was aware that there was turquoise in the color pattern, which wasn't really evident in the small sample we have. Beth had this color and design picked out since July... so now 24 hours before the counter tops were to be ordered, the panic button was pushed.

So part of the day was spent trying to figure out what the hell to order for counter tops. We even took one of our cabinets apart and brought it to Floor To Ceiling to look at larger patterns against the black ash of our cabinetry (we were leaving nothing to chance!). We finally made a decision and I think we are going to be very happy with it. (God I hope so!)

After we made our paramount counter top decision, we went to China Garden for dinner. Ava is not a big Chinese fan, and she would only eat the jello and pudding... but we fooled her, because it was Chinese jello and pudding. So there.

I got the lawn mowed this week... or maybe I should say I got it baled. Tomorrow I plan on getting up bright and early and going out to the farm to bale that lawn as well. It hasn't been mowed since the Wednesday before Farm Fest, and we've gotten plenty of rain between then and now, so I am sure it is embarrassingly long. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I guess this has been an exciting entry, hasn't it? I'm just an exciting kind of guy.

Time for bed because the morning is going to come fast.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!