More Chores

Gee, can you tell I have had a few days off? I actually can sit down and type something at the end of the day.

Last night Beth and I went out to Maucieri's Italian Bistro in Crosslake for our belated anniversary dinner. The food there is amazing; authentic Italian stuff, owned by a genuine Italian from Chicago (click on the link to read more about it, even though it isn't very well written). Their onion soup is great: they add a splash of vinagrette to their beef bullion -- perhaps the difference between Italian onion soup and French onion soup? -- and it is unreal.

Beth and I got there at 7 p.m. and we thought there might be a few people out and about, but since we are now in the "off-season/non-summer" hours, we thought there wouldn't be much of a crowd. Good heavens, we had to wait 20 minutes for a seat! The place was packed. Just goes to show, if you make great food with good service, word will get around.

Today we kept working on our chores. I split a pile of wood this afternoon while Beth laid down landscaping paper, and tonight we went to The Home Depot and made Arthur Blank a little richer. We bought a new sink and a new garbage disposal. Tomorrow, Scott (Korey's son-in-law) is going to stop by and see if he can wire us for the disposal (he's an electrician). So progress is being made on all fronts.

It was so beautiful tonight, we were going to have a fire... but somehow time got away from us, and Beth fell asleep by 9:30 p.m. Well, it was a good idea.

Today I "applied" for a part time job. Okay, it's not really a job. I submitted a few samples of my writing to ProFootballTalk.com because they are looking for a guest columnist to fill in from time to time. The web site is very well known and has a big following nation wide. I am sure I will never hear back from them, but I sent them my football blog as an example of my style, just to see what will happen. I figured I write all the time for my own entertainment, so why not get a little national exposure if the chips fall just right? All it cost me is two minutes of my time to send an e-mail. Three or four years ago I did something similar for a "Joe Fan" guest columnist contest for the Star Tribune and I ended up a finalist out of thousands of submissions. So I guess a guy never knows... you can't get anywhere if you don't try.

I am also sort of toying with the idea of sponsoring my football blog on a page at pro-football-reference.com. It is an easy way to get exposure and it just might lead to something bigger and better?

Ya just never know.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!