Eating snow

I just realized that it's been a few days since my last entry. Not much shakin' around this joint. The weather is warmer -- which is to say it is at least tolerable. The three of us went outside yesterday and played in the snow. I think Ava ate as much snow as she played in. Why do kids love to eat snow? I guess there's just something really neat about picking something off the ground and eating it. Besides, snow is white, like ice cream or whipped cream, so it looks like it should taste good. Maybe that's why?

I went to the doctor yesterday, just a routine check-up. I haven't seen my doctor in three years (since the year Ava was born), so it was time to go back. I guess I was given a clean bill of health, although I need to lose weight (duh?). However, my doctor congratulated me and told me to keep up the good work, because according to the clinic scale, I am 26 pounds lighter now than I was in March of 2006. I don't remember losing weight, nor was I even trying to lose weight. I don't think I look any different. I'm still a fat bastard. I think they just recorded my weight wrong three years ago, although 26 pounds is a big discrepancy.

Tomorrow we are having a small, informal birthday party for Ava. She is starting to get excited for it and I think she understands the whole concept of "birthday party" this year. It will be fun to see how she acts when everyone is here. She's been loud and goofy all week long, so I suppose she'll go hide in a corner when people are here. That's pretty typical.

Not much planned for today, just hanging out.


Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!